For a list of coming events, please see our calendar page: http://www.ssbdwels.com/calendar/
FUNERAL Rolland Kern died Sunday, December 31, 2017, at the age of 65 years and 7 months. Funeral services were conducted Saturday, January 6, 2018.
HOLY COMMUNION will be offered Thursday, January 11th, in the 6:30 P.M. service and on Sunday, January 14th, in all services. You may register by card at any time
COFFEE FELLOWSHIP will be held this Sunday from 8:30-10:30 A.M. It will be hosted by the Explorers. Congregation Health Ministry also conducts blood pressure clinic during this time.
MEMORIALS In memory of Lorence and Deloures Pagel: $100 for the Window/Restoration Fund given by their son, Lyle. In memory of Carl and Lucy Woltman: $200 for the General Fund Deficit given by Bryan Woltman Family. In memory of Lynn Cundy: $125 for the Senior Choir given by his sister, Betty Cundy, and friends, Gene & Annemarie Nimmer.
RADIO SERVICE: 9:30 A.M. on AM 1430 WBEV
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Sermon: “A Star That Still Shines”
Hymns: 127, 343, 128, 126
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Sermon: “God Marks His Servant Ready for Service”
Hymns: 194, 348, 130, 289
NOTE: Radio Taping will be on Tuesday, January 9th, at 7:00 P.M. In the church. The ramp door will be open.
- Weather Delays/Closings: Remember to listen to WBEV, 1430 AM, or watch Channel 3 or NBC/15 for any school-related announcements which usually begin to air about 6:00 A.M. The announcement would be for all schools in Beaver Dam. We will have these announcements on the web site as well www.saintstephen.org/school.
- The Monday/Wednesday Bible Study This study group will resume January 8/10 with a study of “Angels & Demons”.
- Men’s Sunday Night Bible Study this Sunday, January 7th. We will continue our study of Romans.
- Women’s Bible Study Group A new Bible study on Wednesdays is focused on the very essence of God as we are told in 1 John 4:16b: “God is love”. The studies were written to help us ponder the magnitude of God’s love and how it influences all aspects of our lives. Copies of the study are available at our study times.
- Sunday Bible Class will resume Sunday, January 7th, at 9:00 A.M. We will move on to a study of the book of Ephesians.
SUNDAY SCHOOL Sunday School resumes today at 9:00 A.M.
- Sunday, January 7th, 9:00 A.M. “The Birth Of Jesus’
- January 14th, 9:00 A.M. “Jesus Heals the Centurion’s Servant”
OPEN GYM for Basketball Sundays 5:30 – 7:30 P.M.
LUTHERAN TEENS will be going sledding/ice skating at Crystal Lake Beach on Saturday, January 20th. We will meet at the church at 2:00 P.M. and return at 5:00 P.M. More information is on the table in the entry of church.
DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS We need 20 people or more Sunday, January 14th – 11:30 A.M. Take everything down. Thank you to those who helped with the/decorating! We’ll need you again on the 14th.
2017 OFFERING UPDATE Once again the Christmas message and the year-end recounting of blessings from God moved his people to be thankful and generous at this time of year. May we regularly count our blessings in this new year and respond thankfully and generously to our Savior God.
ANNUAL REPORT A reminder to all organization officers to please finish your annual reports and turn them in at the church office as soon as possible. They do not need to be typed or you may email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNUAL VOTERS’ MEETING date has been set for Sunday, January 28th, at 1:15 P.M. The annual report of congregation activity for 2017 will be reviewed, and elections will take place for congregation boards. All men 18 years and older are urged to take part in this leadership activity of our congregation. Every member is welcome to attend and listen in on the business.
2018 OFFERING ENVELOPES are available for pick up in the church basement. To pay for them, please use the initial offering envelope in the front of your packet and place it in the collection plate or in the box in the basement. Thanks.
GETTING MARRIED NEXT YEAR?! BEEN MARRIED FOR MANY YEARS?! In recent years our Pastors have led a Marriage (Enrichment) Seminar for couples planning to be married and for married couples wanting to be refreshed on what God says in his Word about marriage and family life. Our next “seminar” is set for Saturday, February 24th, 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. Using the study-discussion guide “Building the Christian Home”, we will touch on God’s “blueprint” for marriage, the foundation and structure of a Christian marriage, finances in a family and the growing family. A sign-up sheet will be available at the church in January to help us have an adequate supply of study guides and refreshments. Or you may call the church office to RSVP (885-3309).