St. Stephen’s Lutheran School exists as an extension of St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church. We exist to assist parents in bringing children up in the “training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
St. Stephen’s Lutheran School will offer a Christ-centered education to all students. We will instruct them in the Word of God, educate them in secular subjects, train them to become responsible citizens in our community, and prepare them for their eternal victory in heaven when they die. We will do this by holding Jesus and his love before them each day by appropriately using law and gospel as we instruct and discipline.
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- To lead our students to a stronger faith in Jesus through the Word of God.
- To instill in the students the desire to witness their faith to others.
- To provide the students with the skills needed to be Christian citizens living in God’s world.
We welcome families of WELS members and are eager to accept people who have no church. We do expect all families to follow these guidelines:
- Meet with the pastor and principal before enrollment.
- Make all school and health records available to the school prior to enrollment.
- Parents and child should meet with the principal and classroom teacher.
- New students will be on a one-month probationary period.
- Non-member parents will enroll in an adult information class, with the agreement that they will join our church within one year or pay the full cost of education.
St. Stephen’s Lutheran School does not charge tuition. All members are able to attend because the congregation supports Christian education. A mandatory book fee covers the consumable materials (textbooks, workbooks, printing, technology, etc.) and classroom costs.
- The mandatory book fee is set each year by the Board of Education (Private School Tax Deduction – Schedule PS).
- A 5% discount will be given if paid in full at registration.
- A 2% discount will be given if paid by semester (two payments, August and January).
- If you wish, your discount can be assigned to our financial assistance fund.
- If your family uses a credit card to pay, they must do so in person and no discount will be given. This is due to the cost of the processing fee.
- Parents can also make 8 monthly payments (August, October-April).
- $100 discount is given for third child and beyond.
- If there is a special need and the book fee cannot be paid in full at registration, special arrangements can be made by contacting the principal.