Watch this Sunday’s worship on our YouTube Channel, live at 8:00 a.m. https://www.youtube.com/
Follow along with our streaming video services with today’s worship folder: https://2020bulletinpdf.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/2020_08_23_Pentecost+12+(Pr+16)+(COVID-Shortened).pdf
Welcome Visitors If you are visiting today, we welcome you in our Risen and Living Savior, Jesus!
- Please let us know you worshiped with us by introducing yourself to a Pastor.
- If visiting, please don’t feel obligated to give an offering.
Stephen’s members express thankfulness to God through their voluntary offerings which then support the congregation’s work.
Funeral Stephen Guenther was called home to heaven on August 12, 2020, age 41. His funeral was conducted August 17, 2020. JoAnn Haase was called home to heaven on August 16, 2020,
age 87. Her funeral will be conducted on Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
Radio Service: 9:30am on AM 1430 WBEV
Sunday, August 23, 2020
Sermon: God’s Teaching Styles
Hymns: 16, 631, 630, 52
Sunday, August 30, 2020
Sermon: Lord, Grant Me Such a Faith
Hymns: 394, 522, 417, 524
Branches Band will join us for worship on August 27th & 30th. Please plan to attend! Door offering will be received to thank them for sharing their time and talents.
Video on Facebook and YouTube
Bible Study Opportunity coming soon! September 14 and 16 will begin our fall Bible study schedule. We will resume our study of the Gospel of John. We plan to make use of streaming video options for our Bible study. To be part of our “live studio audience,” join us Mondays at 7:00pm (Facebook) and Wednesdays at 11:00am (YouTube). Pastor Stratman has already begun revisiting the first seven chapters of John. The video Bible Class is available on Facebook and YouTube for those who want to review, or for those who haven’t attended and want to catch up and join the study in person or online.
“Love Your Neighbor as Yourself” – with a mask There are many of our brothers and sisters in Christ at this worship service who are in the “high risk” groups regarding the virus currently floating around. While there are widely varying opinions and information on the virus itself, on a mask’s effectiveness, and on the legality of mask mandates in our state and communities, for the time being it’s the loving thing to wear a mask when we are together in our sanctuary. Thanks for lovingly thinking of the well-being (both physically and emotionally) of those around you in God’s house.
- The installation of our teachers will occur during our school opening service on September 1 at 9:00. The service will be streamed online as well for those who cannot attend. This year we welcome four new teachers. Even though we cannot welcome them in our normal fashion, we still want to do something special for Mrs. Trimmer (1st grade), Mrs. Cooper (3rd-4th grade), Mr. Bohlmann (5th grade), and Mr. Zuberbier (6th grade). Starting next week, and for a couple weeks, boxes will be out for people to drop off cards, gift cards, and well wishes for our new teachers.”
- School supply drop off times will be Thursday, August 27th from 4:30-6:15 and Friday, August 28 from 9-11. Please be mindful of social distancing when dropping off supplies.
- Fall sports (Volleyball and Cross Country) for St. Stephen’s have been suspended. A decision to hold the sports later in the year will be made by the Athletic Director’s at a future meeting. The winter sports schedule will be finalized during the October meeting of the Athletic Directors.
Our Response to God’s Grace in Christ:
Thursday, August 13 40 + 27=67
Friday, August 14 21 Total for weekend: 302
Sunday, August 16 50+60+70+34= 214