Welcome Visitors If you are visiting today, we welcome you in our Risen and Living Savior, Jesus!
- Please let us know you worshiped with us by signing our guest book in the entryway or a Care Card in your pew and drop it in the offering basket.
- If visiting, please don’t feel obligated to give an offering. St. Stephen’s members express thankfulness to God through their voluntary offerings which then support the congregation’s work.
- Introduce yourself to a Pastor, and worship with us again!
Holy Communion will be offered today in all services. You may register by card at any time. We ask all guests to please speak with a pastor before communing.
Christian Education Sunday is celebrated today! Our worship, as a new school year begins, focuses on the importance and necessity of education in God’s Word for all ages. Also, in our 9:30 service, new teachers (Mrs. Boll-5th grade homeroom, Mrs. Krebs-4th grade, and Mrs. Brace-1st grade) will be installed and all teachers will renew their promises to faithfully teach God’s Word and all other subjects. Praise the Lord for the blessings of dedicated Christian teachers and pastors! Also the annual picnic is today and starts with a NOON potluck meal. Please bring a dish to pass and lawn chairs. Brats, hot dogs, beverage, and plates will be provided. Bingo and lawn games will also be available to participate in. Can’t wait to see you there!
Our Fall-Winter-Spring worship schedule resumes
Sunday, September 8.
· Thursdays: 6:30pm.
· Sunday: 7:30, 9:00 & 10:30am.
· Sunday School: 9:00am.
Radio Service: 9:30am on AM 1430 WBEV
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Sermon: We Will Never Forget
Hymns: 409, 395, 294, 507
Sunday, September1, 2019
Sermon: Every Day is a Battle
Hymns: 29, 444, 450, 210
- Women’s Bible Study Group meets on Wednesday nights at 6pm. Copies of the study are available in the church entry and at study time. All women of the congregation are welcome.
- Men’s Bible Study starts September 8th and will be meeting Sunday nights at 6:30pm in the meeting room above church office.
- Fall Bible Study starts September 9th & 11th “God’s Grace Learned Through Hard Lessons”. This study will be an overview of the book of Numbers. When hard times come, we can easily give up and feel like God is not with us. However, we will see the rich grace of God given to his people even during very difficult times. We will meet Mondays at 7:00pm and Wednesdays at 11:00pm.
New Bible Information Class – Our Fall class will begin Thursday, September 12, with sessions (same material) offered at 11:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. (after worship). If you know someone who might be interested in becoming part of our “family”, this is the class for them. Invite them and give their name to one of the Pastors so they also can extend an invitation. It’s also a great review of basic Bible teachings for all members.
EHV Bibles ~ Last Week To Sign Up For the past two years we have been reading lessons in worship from The Holy Bible: Evangelical Heritage Version. The EHV is a new translation of God’s Holy Word that proclaims the gospel of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. To order the newly published complete Bible, you can sign up on the sheets near the ramp or in the narthex. Hardcover ($23) and bonded leather gift editions ($60) are available. We will have the sign-up sheets out until the end of August. Final price will be determined when the Bibles come. You can pay when they get here. You can also sign up by calling the church office at 885-3309 or email [email protected].
New School Year The 2019-20 school year begins this Tuesday, August 27th at 8:00am.
- Please join us for the opening worship service in the church at 8:30am. All are welcome!
- No School Friday August 30th or September 2nd due in observance of Labor Day.
Coffee Fellowship will not take place in September due to the holiday weekend.
Elder Meeting will be held this Wednesday, August 28th at 6:30pm.
Annual Golf Outing with Good Shepherd will be Saturday, September 14. Information and sign-up sheet is on the entryway table.
Sunday School Begins Sunday, September 8th, at 9:00 am. There will be no special registration. Simply bring your child to the school a few minutes before 9:00 A.M. on the 8th. We expect all children who do not attend our Christian Day School to be enrolled in Sunday School. We also have class for preschoolers who will be 4 years old by September 1st.
St. Stephen’s Scrip Program We are looking for volunteers to be part of a committee to help run the program. Please contact Michelle at [email protected] if you are interested in helping out or have any questions about the program.
What is Scrip? Scrip is a program that lets you earn money for St. Stephen’s Lutheran School simply by shopping for everyday items.
How does Scrip work? When you enroll in the scrip program, you can purchase gift cards from retailers associated with scrip program (gas, groceries, dining, home improvement, clothes, etc.) at face value. The retailers involved then donate a percentage of the purchase back to St. Stephen’s Scrip program, as a rebate. That rebate is then split 50/50 with 50% being designated to St. Stephen’s Lutheran School and 50% being designated by the family to be used to offset registration fees, affiliated high school tuition or donated back to St. Stephen’s Lutheran School.
How do I sign up? We will begin taking registrations between services over the next few weeks.
How do I order/pickup my gift cards? Beginning sometime in September, a calendar will be established with order dates and pickup times.
Our Response to God’s Grace in Christ:
Thursday, August 15: 99
Sunday, August 18: 98 + 148 = 246
Sunday, August 25 – Ushers E
7:30am &9:30am – Communion Worship
8:45am – Bible Study
9:30am – Radio Service, WBEV 1430
11:30am – Church Picnic
Tuesday, August 27
8:00am – First Day of School
8:30am – Opening School Year Worship Service
6:30pm – Jesus Cares @ Good Shepherd Church
Wednesday, August 28
1:45pm – Hillside Manor Service
6:00pm – Bible Study 4 Women
6:30pm – Elders Meeting
Thursday, August 29 – Ushers E
6:30pm – Worship
7:30pm – Senior Choir
Friday, August 30 – No School
Sunday, September 1 – Ushers A
7:30am &9:30am – Worship
9:30am – Radio Service, WBEV 1430