Welcome Visitors If you are visiting today, we welcome you in our Risen and Living Savior, Jesus!
- Please let us know you worshiped with us by signing our guest book in the entryway or a Care Card in your pew and drop it in the offering basket.
- If visiting, please don’t feel obligated to give an offering. St. Stephen’s members express thankfulness to God through their voluntary offerings which then support the congregation’s work.
- Introduce yourself to a Pastor, and worship with us again!
Wedding Nathan and Amanda (Luck) Buchholz were united in marriage on Saturday, August 25, 2018.
Radio Service: 9:30am on AM 1430 WBEV
Sunday, September 2, 2018
Sermon: We Will Never Forget
Hymns: 409, 395, 294, 507
Sunday, September 9, 2018
Sermon: Christian Education: Our Greatest Need, Our Highest Priority
Hymns: 629, 628, 294, 290
Sunday School Begins Sunday, September 9th, at 9:00 am. There will be no special registration. Simply bring your child to the school a few minutes before 9:00 A.M. on the 9th. We expect all children who do not attend our Christian Day School to be enrolled in Sunday School. We also have class for preschoolers who will be 4 years old by September 1st.
- Men’s Sunday Night is in recess through August. Study will resume September 9 at 6:30pm.
- Women’s Bible Study Group meets on Wednesday nights at 6pm. Copies of the study are available in the church entry and at study time.
First Friday Communion: Our brief communion service for those who can “get out” but for whom being at a full service is difficult will be Friday, September 7th, at 1:30pm. in the church. Please use the ramp or elevator entrance.
Sunday Worship Schedule Change Next Sunday, September 9th, we return to our three service Sunday schedule, with services at 7:30, 9:00 and 10:30am. Sunday School will meet at 9:00am.
New School Year The 2018-19 school year begins this Tuesday, September 4th.
- Opening Worship Service – 8:30 am Tuesday in the church. Please come and join us.
- Open House – classrooms will be open next Sunday, September 9th from 8:30 am till 10:30 am for all to see room arrangements and what’s ‘new’ for this year.
Catechism / Confirmation Classes Begin
- 7th & 8th Grade Public School Catechism classes will be conducted together with Good Shepherd. They will meet Wednesdays only 3:30-4:45pm. Classes begin Wednesday, September 5. Parents will be contacted with details.
- 6th Grade Public School Catechism classes will begin September 12 at 3:30pm.
Coffee Fellowship will be held today between services and is hosted by the Evangelism Committee and the Church Council. Please join us!
Painting Opportunity Join us for a fun night of painting and help our 8th grade class travel to Washington DC! Rescheduled date is September 9th at 6:30 pm. No experience necessary! Cost is $45 per person, includes all materials needed, snacks and refreshments. Please contact the church office to sign up or respond to the Facebook event at https://bit.ly/2Bdl7uA
Northwestern Publishing House continues online! September 8 marks the final day of operation for the Milwaukee retail location of NPH Christian Books & Gifts Store. Visit the store before the closing date to save up to 75% on Bibles, devotionals, and more. After this date, NPH will continue to provide Christian books, gifts, and other resources online at www.nph.net and over the phone at 800-662-6022.
St. Stephen’s OWLS will hold their September meeting on Tuesday, September 11th beginning with a potluck meal at noon in the church basement. A special presentation will follow at 1 pm by a guest speaker from our WELS Seminary in Mequon. This seminary student is from Ukraine so his topic will discuss Ukraine ministry. What a special opportunity for us to hear about a foreign ministry. Anyone from our congregation is welcome to join us for this time of fellowship and interesting program.
Health Ministry Our congregation health ministry team will be available to provide blood pressure and diabetes screening, as well as other health literature this Sunday from 8:30 – 9:30am. in the church basement.
Golf Outing Good Shepherd and St. Stephen’s will be co-hosting a scramble golf outing for all members (men, women, and teens) on September 22 at Beaver Dam Country Club. A signup with additional details have been placed in entryway of church. Sign up today!
Sunday, September 2 – Pentecost 15 – Ushers D
7:30 & 9:30 am – Worship
8:30am – Coffee Fellowship-Blood Pressure Clinic
9:30am – Radio Service, WBEV 1430
Monday, September 3 – Labor Day
Tuesday, September 4 – School Begins
8:30am – LES Opening Service
6:30pm – Board of Property and Maintenance
Wednesday, September 5
1:45pm – Hillside Manor Service
3:30pm – Public School Catechism 7-8
Thursday, September 6 – Ushers D
1:30pm – Ladies’ Aid
6:30pm – Communion Worship
7:30pm – Senior Choir
Friday, September 7
1:30pm – First Friday Communion
Sunday, September 9 – Pentecost 16 – Holy Communion – Ushers E
7:30 9:00, 10:30am – Worship
9:00am – Sunday School
9:30am – Radio Service, WBEV 1430
6:30pm – Men’s Bible Study