For coming events, see our calendar page: http://www.ssbdwels.com/calendar/
GIFT We acknowledge with thanks the gift of $500 for Missions for Martin Luther & the 500th Anniversary given by Allan and Shirley Kohls.
MEMORIALS In memory of Lawrence Winter: $150 for the General Fund given by his wife, in memory of parents: Carl and Irma Backhaus: $25 for the Radio Fund, Mr. & Mrs. Emil Winter: $25 for the Radio Fund given by Delores Winter. In memory of Larry Brooks: $100 for the Radio Fund given by his wife, Sandra. In memory of Parents: $5,000 for the Window/Restoration Fund given by Bob and Jane Bortz. In memory of Ken Koltz: $75 for the Window/Restoration Fund given by relatives and friends. In memory of Evelyn Zillmer: $100 for the General Fund Deficit given by Dave & Pam Zillmer. In memory of Ralph, Gladys & Susie Schwefel: $200 for the Window/Restoration Fund and in memory of Gilbert, Carmen and Gary Wunrow: $200 for the General Fund given by Ann Wunrow Binotto. In memory of Jennifer Benike: $100 for the Window/Restoration Fund given by her parents. In memory of Bob and Mae Crook: $40 for the Building & Debt Fund given by their son, Robert. In memory of Loved Ones: $200 for the Altar Guild given by Don & Audrey Buettner. In memory of Orville Dahl: $10,000 for Missions given by his son, Philip. In memory of Herb Lidtke: $20,000 for Window/Restoration Fund given by his wife, Evaline. In memory of William & Bernice Homan and Ernest & Ethel Werbelow: $50 for the School Memorial Fund given by Ralph & Linda Werbelow.
Radio Service: 9:30 A.M. on AM 1430 WBEV
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Sermon: “The Riches Offered to the World in the Christ Child”
Hymns: 66, 70, 430, 97
NOTE: Radio Taping will be on Tuesday, January 9th, at 7:00 P.M.
In the church. The ramp door will be open.
- Weather Delays/Closings: Remember to listen to WBEV, 1430 AM, or watch Channel 3 or NBC/15 for any school-related announcements which usually begin to air about 6:00 A.M. The announcement would be for all schools in Beaver Dam. We will have these announcements on the web site as well www.saintstephen.org/school.
- The Monday/Wednesday Bible Study This study group will resume January 8/10 with a study of “Angel’s & Demons”.
- Men’s Sunday Night Bible Study takes a recess until January 7th. We will continue our study of
- Women’s Bible Study Group A new Bible study will begin on Wednesday, January 3rd focused on the very essence of God as we are told in 1 John 4:16b: “God is love”. The studies were written to help us ponder the magnitude of God’s love and how it influences all aspects of our lives. Copies of the study will be available at our study times.
- Sunday Bible Class is in recess and will resume Sunday, January 7th, at 9:00 A.M. We will move on to a study of the book of Ephesians.
SUNDAY SCHOOL Sunday School will be in recess over Christmas and New Year, resuming classes on Sunday, January 7th, at 9:00 A.M.
OPEN GYM for Basketball Sundays 5:30 – 7:30 P.M.
THANK YOU to the Ladies Aid for the beautiful white poinsettias on the Altar.
DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS We need 20 people or more Sunday, January 14th – 11:30 A.M. Take everything down. Thank you to those who helped with the decorating! We’ll need you again on the 14th.
2018 OFFERING ENVELOPES are available for pick up in the church basement. To pay for them, please use the initial offering envelope in the front of your packet and place it in the collection plate or in the box in the basement. Thanks.
DISTRICT ELDERS meets Wednesday, December 27th, at 6:30 P.M. This will be a regular meeting with Bible Study and assignment of calls.